By Mario Hewardt
“Mario Hewardt’s Advanced .NET Debugging is an exceptional source for either newbie and skilled builders operating with .NET. The e-book is usually filled with many debugging assistance and discussions of CLR internals, for you to profit builders architecting software.”
–Jeffrey Richter, advisor, coach, and writer at Wintellect
“Mario has performed it back. His Advanced home windows Debugging (coauthored with Daniel Pravat) is a useful source for local code debugging, and Advanced .NET Debugging achieves a similar caliber, readability, and breadth to make it simply as precious for .NET debugging.”
–Mark Russinovich, Technical Fellow, Microsoft Corporation
The in simple terms whole, sensible consultant to solving the hardest .NET Bugs
Advanced .NET Debugging is the 1st targeted, pragmatic advisor to monitoring down today’s most complicated and hard .NET software insects. it's the basically publication to concentration solely on utilizing robust local debugging instruments, together with WinDBG, NTSD, and CDB, to debug .NET purposes. utilizing those instruments, writer Mario Hewardt explains find out how to determine the true root reasons of problems—far extra quick than you ever might with different debuggers.
Hewardt first introduces the most important strategies had to effectively use .NET’s local debuggers. subsequent, he turns to classy debugging concepts, utilizing real-world examples that reveal many universal C# programming errors.
This publication allows you to
- Make sensible use of postmortem debugging, together with PowerDBG and different “power tools”
- Understand the debugging information and implications of the recent .NET CLR 4.0
- Master and effectively use Debugging instruments for home windows, in addition to SOS, SOSEX, CLR Profiler, and different robust tools
- Gain a deeper, simpler figuring out of CLR internals, reminiscent of studying thread-specific facts, controlled heap and rubbish collector, interoperability layer, and .NET exceptions
- Solve tricky synchronization difficulties, controlled heap difficulties, interoperability difficulties, and masses more
- Generate and effectively examine crash dumps
A better half site (advanceddotnetdebugging.com) includes all pattern code, examples, and bonus content.
Read Online or Download Advanced .NET Debugging PDF
Best .net books
C# Programming: From challenge research to software layout has been completely revised for visible Studio 2010. As in past variants of the textual content Doyle introduces various uncomplicated programming strategies, from information forms and expressions to arrays and collections - all utilizing C# because the programming language.
This publication presents counsel to readers who are looking to layout and installation enterprise options in line with Microsoft SharePoint applied sciences. during this e-book, Hillier will outline the company case and eventualities for Microsoft SharePoint applied sciences. Hillier also will overview the set up, configuration, and management of commercial options in response to Microsoft SharePoint applied sciences in addition to supply programming guideline, advice, and examples for customized net components and strategies outfitted on Microsoft SharePoint applied sciences.
This article describes the structure of a scalable . internet program utilizing Microsoft applied sciences, giving an summary of scalability layout that's compatible for IT architects, process designers, and builders
If you are into, or entering into, . web programming with Delphi, it is a reliable reference. i'm a qualified programmer, and Delphi is considered one of four languages i take advantage of regularly. i purchased this publication, and Cantu's publication, approximately months in the past to ease into ASP. web from 12 years of VCL programming. either books are very worthy, yet my Pacheco publication is much extra dog-eared than the Cantu ebook, in order that says anything correct there.
Additional info for Advanced .NET Debugging
Text section. The next field of importance is in the data directories. NET compiler produces an assembly, it adds a data directory entry to the PE file. More specifically, the data directory entry is at index 15 and contains the location and size of the CLR header. text section. The CLR header consists of a structure named the IMAGE_COR20_HEADER. This structure contains information such as the managed code application entry point, the major and minor version of the target CLR, and the strong name signature of the assembly.
0. Each of the categories listed in Table 1-3 has a number of different MDAs available to troubleshoot problems within that category. 0 MDA Assistant Category Description Unmanaged Interop Debugging assistance related to unmanaged interoperability issues Debugging assistance related to COM unmanaged interoperability issues Debugging assistance related to platform invocation unmanaged interoperability issues Debugging issues related to the CLR loader Debugging issues related to threading issues Debugging issues related to the base class libraries Miscellaneous debugging issues Unmanaged Interop COM Unmanaged Interop P/Invoke Loader Threading BCL Miscellaneous Managed Debugging Assistants 19 be enabled (prior to starting the process being debugged).
When an assembly is loaded, it is bound to an application domain. NET application Assembly Manifest 39 contains three application domains. Besides the system and shared application domain, assemblies are typically loaded in either the default application domain or explicitly created application domains. When an assembly is loaded into an application domain, it stays loaded in that application domain until the application domain is torn down. Because assemblies are bound to an application domain, how can we find out which assemblies are loaded into any given application domain?
Advanced .NET Debugging by Mario Hewardt